1. What is your favorite song right now? Why?
Dave Matthews Band's "Ants Marching," and it has been for several years. The studio cut from "Under the Table and Dreaming" isn't bad, but the live performances are some of the best jam rock spanning decades. That's especially true of the "Live at Red Rocks" recording, which flows with a lone drum beat out of a magical "#36." Other contenders are "One Vision" and "Come Sail Away."
2. What genre of music makes you the happiest?
Rock. It's hard to narrow it down further, because there's some great classic rock, some great "chick rock" (see Alanis), some great modern rock, some great arena rock, and some great jam rock. All very different musical styles, but all rock, and I love it all.
3. What would you name your band and what kind of music would you play?
"Blink MHA." :-) We'd play arena rock and we'd pack Wembley.
4. What is your favorite lyric of all time? Why?
"My sight was poor but I was sure
The sirens sang their song for me."
Another song that works best live, and in this case really doesn't work for me in the studio cut, Phish's "Bouncing Round the Room" has a half-awake dreaminess about it that I just love. Another example of stunning jam rock.
5. What band/artist could you never live without? Why?
Queen. Because... Queen.