They are currently being evacuated from the Outer Banks. Mark called from his mobile saying that they are driving off the Banks to inland, where they will try to find a hotel. After tonight, the decision as to whether or not to come home early will be made.
They are all well and spirits are high. Due to vacation insurance, they won't be losing out on the rent they aren't getting a chance to use. As I would try to do, they are taking this as an opportunity to have an adventure.